Now that Spring has come, the days are getting longer and we are seeing the sun more often, warm weather dishes are coming to mind. I use to make a pasta salad during the week quite often. They are an easy dish to make as a side for a “pitch in” or by bulking it up a bit with shredded chicken breast, it is a great for a week night when you need to make dinner ahead of time. Served with your choice of bread and using tortellini as the pasta, it is very satisfying.
This is one of my favorite versions of a Tortellini Pasta Salad. I absolutely love the combination of Italian Dressing and Feta Cheese. For variety, I use different veggies for a new taste, but this one was my “go to”. So quick and so delicious. Let me know if you like it.
Yields 6 servings
*Feta cheese can be adjusted to taste.
Serve with warm bread of your choice as well as fresh fruit
20 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 2 chicken breast halves, cooked & shredded
- 2 pkgs. (9 ounces each) refrigerated cheese-filled spinach tortellini
- 2 jars marinated artichoke heart quarters, drained
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives
- 2 peppers (red, green, orange or yellow) cut into strips
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 15 ounce can garbanzo beans (drained)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese*
- 3/4 cup cheese-garlic Italian salad dressing
- Black pepper
- Place chicken in a large pot of boiling water, boil until cooked through. Drain and let cool.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Remove and rinse well under cold water until pasta is cool.
- Prepare cherry tomatoes and peppers
- Shred chicken after it has cooled
- Add chicken, pasta, feta cheese, artichoke hearts, olives and garbanzo beans in a large bowl.
- Add salad dressing and toss lightly.
- Sprinkle with additional feta cheese if desired
Omit chicken and serve as a side. With the chicken it is an awesome pre-made lunch or dinner.